Saturday, February 15, 2014

Honored to be a part of this years' Red Dress Collection 2014!

This year has already been off to an incredible start.  The Pepsi Superbowl Event in New York was a huge success, I just moved into my dream art studio last week (more on both of these events later) and tomorrow is (so excited!)...  the 2014 Red Dress Collection fashion show!

Let me start by explaining what the Red Dress Collection is and why I am excited to be a part of it.  The Red Dress Collection fashion show was created to raise proceeds and awareness for the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Program- a passionate organization dedicated to empowering women to take control of their health.    It has gained huge national publicity over the last ten years, even kicking off Mercedes Benz NewYork Fashion Week just last week  (see the photos from it here). The event pairs celebrities with designers who create a one-of-a-kind red dress to be revealed in the show.  The Red Dress is the national symbol for women's hear disease and awareness and the events take place near Valentine's Day each year.



Tomorrow night is the Twin Cities' 2014 Red Dress Collection Show at the beautiful Graves Hotel in downtown Minneapolis.  While the first and second row tickets sold out almost immediately, you can still get your hands on a general admission ticket here.   Sixteen local celebrities paired with a local designer will be rocking the runway revealing the beautiful one-of-a-kind red dresses designed just for the show.  There will also be silent auction, cocktail party and pop-up shops. One of my favorite items to be auctioned are the designers' original sketches of the dress they created for their model!  As an artist, I think that is pretty cool.  Read more about the show here.

I was paired up with fashion designer, Tessa Louise , who has been working for the last three months on the most gorgeous… red dress for me.  She has put her heart and soul into this dress and I am going to be so proud to wear it for her tomorrow!  I feel like I got pretty lucky to get paired up with Tessa!  I am not allowed to say anything about what the dress looks like (which is hard), but I will say that it is going to be memorable.

I am honored to be a participating in this event with such a beautiful group of strong women.  To see all the local celebrities, click here.  To see all of this years' participating designers, click here.

Details:
February 16, 2014
6:00 p.m.: Doors Open
6-8 p.m. Silent auction, pop up shops, hors d'oeuvres and cocktails
8:15 p.m.: Runway Show
9:00 p.m.: Closing and Cocktails




1 comment :

  1. This is Kaye Schmaus, (your Mom's friend) I sure wish I knew about this event today. I love this kind of thing. I watch Project Runway and I am so into what designers do. PLEASE tex me at 612-805-4237 or email me at kayeschmaus@yahoo.com on your next event…because I will be there for sure Valerie.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feedback? Let me hear it!

Blog Archive